We all want to know that the place we occupy, whether it be the workplace or home, is safe.
MCG can provide assurance that your indoor environment is safe to work or live in.
We help you to objectively identify the risks, evaluate the effectiveness of existing control procedures and make recommendations to eliminate or minimise the risks according to the Health and Safety at Work (General Risk and Workplace Management) Regulations 2016.
Contact us if you want assurance:
- You have good indoor air quality and a degree of thermal comfort that supports wellness
- There are no hazardous biological agents (e.g. bacteria causing Legionnaire’s Disease, mould or fungus, or methamphetamine)
- The source of leaks has been identified using thermal imaging
- Your cleanroom (e.g. data centre, surgical theatre) meets the ISO 14664 standard, providing evidence that any contaminants that could affect performance are highly controlled
- There is adequate illumination
- Your workstations are set up properly (ergonomic assessments – click here to find out more).
Through a combination of environmental testing and/or personal exposure monitoring, we can help you confirm to WorkSafe NZ that:
- Chemicals (dust, fumes, vapours, gases, etc) are well-controlled. Examples include crystalline silica, asbestos, welding emissions, particulates, heavy metals, VOCs, aldehydes, isocyanates, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, as well as paints, drugs, refrigerant gases, etc.
- Heat or cold stress is identified, controlled and monitored
- Vibration and noise risks are managed
- Confined space entry testing has been carried out, to check for gases, etc.
- Lead-based paint has been identified before disturbance
- Qualitative respirator face-fit tests for your people are carried out annually, at your place if more convenient (click here to find out more)
Thinking of doing a redevelopment or working on a brown site? MCG can test for air, water or soil pollution and help you sensibly manage any risks.